XF Forum banner

Portfolio or Premium Luxury - No brainer?

36K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  shepherdspie 
#1 ·
I had it all sorted....definitely going for the 30D 'S' Premium Luxury come ordering time BUT...

Just been compiling my 'latest' ideal spec on the Jaguar site configurator and decided out of curiosity to also do a similar compilation re the 3.0D 'S' Portfolio model which I had always thought to be out of my financial reach hence my opting for the PL.

I then accessed the Drive The Deal discount site and was totally astonished that the total additional cost of the Portfolio over the PL, with my selected spec, was only £441.90! re £41,442.51 for the Portfolio and £41,000.61 for the PL due to the salient fact that many of the extras that I had selected on the PL were standard kit on the Portfolio notwithstanding that I had not even selected the B & W sound system at £1140 nor the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System at £400 both of which are standard on the Portfolio so therefore the Portfolio is even better value.

Be aware before you sign on the dotted line!

#2 ·
Hi, Which model is it that you are looking at? The reason I ask is that I am in a smilar situation and spec'd up a PL S to include Parking pack, metalic paint, Xenon lights and the Bowers system. This comes in £750 cheaper than a portfolio S with parking pack. Not a huge difference but enough for me to stick with the PL, particularly when I've blown budget already.

I started looking at Drive the deal, however the local dealer is now close enough for the 'value add' to be worth it. I guess the thing to do is review each model carefully and consider the models both up and down. If I hadn't minded the bond grain leather I would have gone for a Luxury and put a load of kit on and it was considerably cheaper than a PL.

#3 ·
If i was in either of your shoes i would go for the Portfolio. Why? well its a stock car and residuals and trade in values are calculated on the stock car so a portfolio would be worth more come trade in time than a PL specced up to the same level as a Portfolio. You will find situations where you can get one cheaper also because a stock car costs jaguar less to build than one with lots of options.

#4 ·
This is exactly how I ended up with ordering a Portfolio... there was about £1K difference between that and the PL... but the Ivory interior was a NCO on the portfolio which until I realised that, I had not considered as I thought it too extravagant.... but now have that included.... it's normally £750 as an option... sqame story for Metalic Paint (included as a NCO on Portfolio, £600 otherwise:) or so I believe)... so it may actually work out to be cheaper in the long run and a greater return on investment.

The cost of the 'S' specification is reduced from about £4K on the PL to about £2.5K on the Portfolio also.... which initially we hadn't spotted... which is the real saving.

#5 ·
Yeap I went through the same process and by the time I had added the extras I wanted to the PL (exons, ivory, metallic paint) there was very little difference in price. Plus I gained the 440w B&W, TPMS and the cooled seats etc.

Go for the portfolio - its fantastic! :D

#6 ·
Another vote for the Portfolio here! It's laoded and you won't look back!

#7 ·
Urbandriver said:
Hi, Which model is it that you are looking at?.(etc).
I was doing a direct comparison between the 3.0D 'S' Portfolio and the 3.0D 'S' Premium Luxury using the Jaguar and Drive The Deal websites to select my required options and as previously stated, speccing the PL to my personal requirements brought the OTR cost of the specced PL to within £441.90 of the Portfolio plus, the B & W sound system; Tyre Pressure Monitor and Cooled Seats, which are standard on the Portfolio, were an additional 'free' bonus as I had not specified them on the PL.

The anomoly is that if I had specced these last three aforementioned options on the PL the OTR cost of the PL would have actually exceeded the OTR cost of the Portfolio!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.