Insurance Renewals and Quotations, Who is Best - Page 31
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    In my 36 years of driving car/motorcycles I have found that Insurance companies who advertise on the TV, are the most expensive by a long way. It is also my belief that insurance Co's in general rely on our (the customers) laziness in not shopping around for comparison quotes. Obviously the internet and comparison sites have changed this a lot, but it is still imperative in my opinion to shop around.
    A pal of mine was paying £1500 a year for a Merc ML, which had been insured with the same company for 8 years. Rising steadily year on year despite no claims/convictions etc. and his no claims bonus going up. He got it down to £300.00 with another company. He admitted he just paid the premium every year without checking because he trusted his insurance company.
    I am currently insured with Esure, (and have been for about 5 Years)who I can recommend for the following reasons.
    Very competitive premiums.
    Recently settled claim promptly, and dealt with my number plate retention and road tax refund.
    Call centre in UK. (Well Scotland so UK at the moment)
    Issued Insurance certificate to cover car in France (which I had forgotten to do) and had it with me next day so I could go on holiday.
    Stayed open late to fax an insurance certificate to a hire company when I had an emergency hire car and phoned the hire co. to make sure they had it and all was ok.

As it happens my insurance is due 31st August, and whilst Esure were about £30.00 more expensive than the cheapest quote on 2 comparison sites I feel the extra is worth it just for the customer service.
    Others no doubt will have had bad experiences but I just thought I'd give my thumbs up to them.

For my motorcycle I find I have to change companies every year as premiums seem to fluctuate greatly. But I think next year it will be on a classic policy so hopefully that will steady it.

I have no connections to Esure other than being a satisfied customer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Hi, Im currently looking around to insure my soon to be purchased XF and having a real struggle to understand the logic behind insurance quotes..... other than there is none

I currently have a £60k Audi A6 Avant, 3.0 BiTDI quattro (313PS) Black Edition and pay £316 with Aviva
    Im 33, 7 Years NCD, Wife (who will only drive the car if I have had a drink) over 15 years NCD, and relatively lost risk postcode apparently according to Aviva. I do 20k miles but mostly outside the 'heavy traffic' periods, what that has to do with it I have no idea.

Buying a £25k XF D S (275PS) and Aviva want to double my premium and double my excess - the plonker on the other end of the phone said it was to do with the 'Power to Weight ratio, Sir'.
    Jaguars own insurance (Original Insurance) wanted to charge me £1500

3 comparison sites down and the best is Esure with £388 with £250 excess. Spoke to Aviva and they wont even shift on the price saying there is an insurance marker on Jaguar XF's hence the price increase and my excess going to £650!

Thanks for your feedback Cliff regarding the experience with Esure, it has certainly made feel a little more confident going with them.

Hi Samf i was sent a renewal by LV £655 been with them for 3 years ,last year £500 for a 2.2 xf sport now have swapped for a 3.00 R-sport 8 years ncd low risk post code,went on compare website now with Esure £392

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Try 1st Central, have 2 cars with them, ours was £228 for the XF and £168 for my work Laguna My XKR is only£173 - Churchill (Oh yes!)
    2017 XF-S 3.0D in Caesium Blue
    Ex ...2015 Sportbrake 2.2 Luxury in Lunar Grey
    Ex...2010 XK 5.0 V8 Portfolio in Claret

I am 69 years old, full no claims, no points, and do about 9000mls max per annum. I have fully comp insurance from Churchill for £181.26. Admittedly, no protected NCD, nor legal cover.
    Richardf
    MY 2014 2.2L Luxury in Dark Sapphire/Barley

Get the advanced driving course passed. Then get insured with IAM Surety. can knock off £200 from a comparison website with ease. Or keep your renewals practically the same the next year even with a Theft claim on there. Good bunch of people to deal with too.

The golden rules as far as I'm concerned are:

1. Always go with a reputable and well known insurance company (too many stories of people losing out when taking out cheap insurance and subsequently claiming)
    2. Always scour the market at renewal time to get the cheapest quote (every single insurance company will up the premium for a renewal quote & many companies discount their prices to get new business)
    3. Never take out no claims protection (because the protection protects the NCD it doesn't protect the premium which will always increase when renewing after a claim)
    Now 2012 XF 3.0D S Portfolio
    2011 XF 5.0 S PL (still miss it)
    2009 XF 3.0D S PL

47, clean license, max fully protected no claims, 15000 miles with business use, fully comp but with a £500 excess just over £600. I know from experience one of the biggest factors is postcode and I am in one of the worse due to personal injury scams.
    I did shop around and could not find cheaper.