XF Forum banner

Very thin top coat paint. Any warranty?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jagst 
#1 ·
Hey people. I have decided that the top coat of paint on my XF is **** poor. It seems really really thin. I already have a number of marks all over the car down to white. Most of them, you can't even feel a scratch. And today, I was was washing off the weekly deluge of bird crap from it when I came across a stubborn pile, so I flipped my wash brush over which is quite soft plastic, and gave it some very gentle persuasion to come off. When I came to dry the car, I realised it had put loads of scratches on the area down to white, Still can't feel any scratches, you just see them. Never had a car like that before.

So question is, what can I do about it? Is there any sort of manufacturer warranty on the paintwork? The car is a 2009 on a 59 plate.

Or any other ideas? At this rate, the car will be white in a few years time with a really fugly paint finish !!!

Thanks

P.S. It's the dark grey colour.

#5 ·
Jaguar won't help you. The paint warranty is only if it literally falls off or rust etc. they will claim they can not do anything for road damage.
my two week old XF is having the bonnet re-sprayed for he same reason, stone chips on the bonnet and bonnets can not be touched up :0(

#6 ·
I have just bought Azurite Blue spray can from 'paints 4 u', and it is a very good match, to do the back sills. You will need the clear coat as well. Very reasonable, compared to Jag main dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.